Greetings Families,
LESSONS
Language Arts
No new Spalding words. Continue practicing the 5 stanzas of poem in your child’s homework folder for April 28th reciting. Students will continue practicing grammar skills and reading comprehension strategies to prepare them for Part 1 of ELA and Math AzMerit tests on Tuesday, April 13th, and Part II on Thursday, April 15th.
Math
Students will spend time reviewing concepts for AzMERIT.
Science
This week, students will look at carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores and the roles they play in different ecosystems.
History
Students will be studying about the establishment of the southern colonies of South Carolina and Georgia, as well as learning about the Pilgrims and their role as colonists on the North American continent.
I hope you had a great weekend. This is our last week before AzMERIT begins. We will continue to make progress through our review curriculum. I'm seeing a lot of growth in the class during this time. Many more students are finding correct answers in math and during their reading activities. I was also impressed by the work ethic of many of my students and how they approached the writing part of AzMERIT last week. I think things are really starting to come together for most of them.
This week will be more of the same. I feel like we are in the backstretch before they turn the corner to the home stretch next week when they actually take the AzMERIT tests. Just a little bit more to go!
Here are the lessons for this week.
Language Arts
No new Spalding words. Continue practicing the 5 stanzas of poem in your child’s homework folder for April 28th reciting. Students will continue practicing grammar skills and reading comprehension strategies to prepare them for Part 1 of ELA and Math AzMerit tests on Tuesday, April 13th, and Part II on Thursday, April 15th.
Math
Students will spend time reviewing concepts for AzMERIT.
Science
This week, students will look at carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores and the roles they play in different ecosystems.
History
Students will be studying about the establishment of the southern colonies of South Carolina and Georgia, as well as learning about the Pilgrims and their role as colonists on the North American continent.
I hope you have a great week. Let me know if you need anything.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren