Skip to main content

Quarter 3 Week 9 Update

Greetings Families,

I hope you have had a great weekend. This is the last week of the quarter. Next week is spring break! Here is a note before I get to the lessons for this week. 


Missing Work Due Wednesday

On Friday, I handed out a missing work report. I would like students to complete their missing work. Homework amounts to 40% of a child's grade, so missing work plays a huge role in a child's grade. As a teacher, I just want students to do the work so they are learning. As this is the last week of the quarter and I need to finalize grades, all late work is due by Wednesday. 


LESSONS

English: We will have another AZ MERIT practice writing day this Tuesday! We will do fifteen spelling words with a review and a test Thursday. Students should be practicing their new poem, “Dream Variations” which will be recited on Friday. Finally, we will continue reading The Little Prince.

Math: This week in math, students will look at angles, shapes, and figures.

Science: In science, students will look more closely at plants and their role in transforming energy from the sun into chemical energy useful to consumers and how that energy flows through the multiple levels of organisms.

History: Students will complete the Earliest Americans unit. On Monday, students will spend time reviewing the study guide and prepare for the test. The test is on Wednesday.