Greetings Families,
I hope you are having a good weekend. I'm looking forward to week two. Last week, the students were a little talkative, so I'm hoping they will get back into the swing of how we operate in the classroom.
English: We will continue The Trumpet of the Swan this week. Spelling will be normal, with a test on Friday. Writing and grammar will focus on informational writing as we create a class essay on Monarch butterflies. Students will review their stanza to memorize from "The Adventures of Isabel." The recitations will be on January 20th.
Math: During week two, students will continue to look at fractions. The focus this week will be equivalent fractions and simplifying fractions.
Science: In science, students will learn about water’s distribution from a demonstration and will then look at the geosphere. During learning about the geosphere, students will study what sediments are, the rock cycle, and earthquakes.
History: We will continue our Viking unit this week! Students will learn about the farming and trading life of a Viking. They will also learn about the different ships they used. Lastly, they will be introduced to a famous Viking, Eric the Red.
Best,
I hope you are having a good weekend. I'm looking forward to week two. Last week, the students were a little talkative, so I'm hoping they will get back into the swing of how we operate in the classroom.
I don't have many things to discuss this week, so I'll jump into what the lessons look like this week.
Lessons
English: We will continue The Trumpet of the Swan this week. Spelling will be normal, with a test on Friday. Writing and grammar will focus on informational writing as we create a class essay on Monarch butterflies. Students will review their stanza to memorize from "The Adventures of Isabel." The recitations will be on January 20th.
Math: During week two, students will continue to look at fractions. The focus this week will be equivalent fractions and simplifying fractions.
Science: In science, students will learn about water’s distribution from a demonstration and will then look at the geosphere. During learning about the geosphere, students will study what sediments are, the rock cycle, and earthquakes.
History: We will continue our Viking unit this week! Students will learn about the farming and trading life of a Viking. They will also learn about the different ships they used. Lastly, they will be introduced to a famous Viking, Eric the Red.
3B Notebooks
Ms. Rasic and I are now uploading all of our notes to support students who struggle to complete their notes during class and for when students are absent. You can find these notes here.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Have a great week!
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren