Skip to main content

Quarter 2 Week 6 Update

Greetings Families,     Quarter 2 Week 6 Update     naakarete.blogspot.com 

I hope you are doing well. As we enter week 6, we have four weeks left before winter break. This is a normal season for students to become wearier and more likely to have a dropoff academically. This could be a lack of completing homework, a failure to prepare for assessments, and to become more unruly in class. I will do my best to maintain good classroom order, but you may need to give more assistance at home by checking the students' planners and whether they are completing homework and preparing for assessments. 


PROGRESS REPORTS 
I'm sending progress reports out by email tonight and with your child tomorrow. If you do not receive one of these, no further action is necessary. If you do receive one, please let me know if you have any further questions and comments with respect to helping your child more toward mastery. 


GRAMMAR TEST THURSDAY
We have a grammar test Thursday. I've created a Quizlet for your child to use with your permission. This Quizlet goes over the ten terms and definitions your child needs to memorize. In addition to this, students need to memorize the 23 helping verbs. Lastly, students need to be able to classify and diagram some sentences. We will be reviewing this each day, but students should be studying this at home as well (I've provided a study guide but will also provide some supplemental supports). Here is a YouTube video that may help your child memorize the helping verbs. I've additionally placed these at the bottom of this blog.


LESSONS
ELA: We will continue reading Narnia this week. Spelling will be normal with 10 words each night, a review day, and a test on Friday. We will be learning about direct quotations and reviewing for our test during grammar. The grammar test is Thursday; students should be reviewing their study guide nightly. The poem, “First Thanksgiving of All” is due November 24th. Students will be assigned one portion of the poem to memorize. Please encourage practice at home! :)

Math: At the end of this week, students will be expected to have memorized the multiplication facts for 1-10 and be able to use them in multiple digit number times a single-digit number and when dividing a multiple digit number by a single-digit number. Students should also be able to use these operations to solve world problems.

History: In history, students will learn about the growing expansion of the Roman Empire including the conquering of Britain. They will also consider Pax Romana and its impact on the Roman society.  

Science: During science this week, students will continue their study of light and sound by looking at the organ systems that allow humans to perceive these forms of energy: visual and auditory systems.


If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I look forward to getting back to class tomorrow. I hope you have a great week!

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren