Skip to main content

Moving to Google Classroom

Greetings Families,

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to let you know that the fourth grade team had decided to end weekly updates on the blog and will instead communicate important information through Google Classroom. Currently, all 4B students have accessed Google Classroom, so families should be able to keep up with important information there. I may still use the blog from time to time, so don't unsubscribe yet, but it won't be for the weekly updates.

To see the updates in Google Classroom, this will be the first thing that comes up and is called the steam. If your child is in the classwork section of the Google Classroom and you want to see the steam, click on "Stream" at the top of the page.

In addition to seeing the weekly update, please go to Google Classroom regularly to review your child's graded and returned work. I recommend that you do this at least once a week, but I am doing my best to grade throughout the week. You can do this by following these steps:

  1. Log into your child's Google Classroom account.
  2. Click on "Classwork" at the top of the page. 
  3. Click on "View your work" at the top of the page just to the bottom left of "Stream."
  4. Click on "Returned with grade" to the left of the page.
From there, you will see a list of your child's work that has been submitted and graded. Remember the grading scale: 4 is excellent, 3 is good, 2 is fair, 1 is poor, 0 is for work either not submitted or if all of the answers are wrong. The only failing grades are 0 and 1. 

If you go to the Google Classroom stream now, you will find a video that my wife helped me out on where we show you how to take a picture from inside Google Classroom using a smart phone or tablet. This should really speed up the process for assignments like Spalding, art, and PE. 


If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me. I hope the rest of your week is great!

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren