Greetings Families,
I hope you are doing well. We have one week until the break. I'm ready for it to begin. I'm hoping it will provide some time for my family to do some fun things. Here are the lessons for this week.
Lessons
Writing/Grammar: Students will be doing a few different grammar and writing activities this week. We aren't writing any major papers, but instead helping them develop their own voices in some more creative writing exercises.
History: This week, students will be doing an American Revolution group project where they create posters to tell about the most important events that led up to and during the war.
Literature: After falling behind in some past weeks, this Ms. Johnson, who is leading our literature lessons, will be trying to get the students through the powerful story of Nat Bowditch.
Math: This week, students will be introduced to multiplying and dividing decimals. I'm going to add to videos below that will follow how I will teach multiplying and dividing by decimals. The first one, on multiplying, you can stop at the 54-second mark. We will only be multiplying decimals by whole numbers. The second video is on how to divide a number by a whole number where the answer will be a fraction/decimal. I hope these videos help.
Greek and Latin Roots: Students will take the roots quiz over roots 1-75 on Wednesday. You can find the Quizlet here. I've also embedded it below.
Poetry: Students are expected to recite "Paul Revere's Ride" this week. They will be reciting the poem in groups because of the time constraints and recitations will begin on Wednesday.
Science: We will be continuing to review the science curriculum from the whole year as we prepare for AIMS Science (a state science assessment). We will also be looking at a few other topics, such as how the earth's surface has changed drastically over time, the effects of volcanoes and forest fires on the earth's atmosphere, and how scientists are studying the earth's climate.
Spalding: Students will learn new words and be assessed Thursday.
Schedule
Tuesday: Math Test - Multiplying Decimals
Wednesday-Friday: "Paul Revere's Ride" Recitation
Wednesday: Greek and Latin Roots Assessment (1-75)
Wednesday: Math Quiz
Thursday: Math Test - Dividing Decimals
Thursday: Spalding Test
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
I hope you are doing well. We have one week until the break. I'm ready for it to begin. I'm hoping it will provide some time for my family to do some fun things. Here are the lessons for this week.
Lessons
Writing/Grammar: Students will be doing a few different grammar and writing activities this week. We aren't writing any major papers, but instead helping them develop their own voices in some more creative writing exercises.
History: This week, students will be doing an American Revolution group project where they create posters to tell about the most important events that led up to and during the war.
Literature: After falling behind in some past weeks, this Ms. Johnson, who is leading our literature lessons, will be trying to get the students through the powerful story of Nat Bowditch.
Math: This week, students will be introduced to multiplying and dividing decimals. I'm going to add to videos below that will follow how I will teach multiplying and dividing by decimals. The first one, on multiplying, you can stop at the 54-second mark. We will only be multiplying decimals by whole numbers. The second video is on how to divide a number by a whole number where the answer will be a fraction/decimal. I hope these videos help.
Greek and Latin Roots: Students will take the roots quiz over roots 1-75 on Wednesday. You can find the Quizlet here. I've also embedded it below.
Poetry: Students are expected to recite "Paul Revere's Ride" this week. They will be reciting the poem in groups because of the time constraints and recitations will begin on Wednesday.
Science: We will be continuing to review the science curriculum from the whole year as we prepare for AIMS Science (a state science assessment). We will also be looking at a few other topics, such as how the earth's surface has changed drastically over time, the effects of volcanoes and forest fires on the earth's atmosphere, and how scientists are studying the earth's climate.
Spalding: Students will learn new words and be assessed Thursday.
Schedule
Tuesday: Math Test - Multiplying Decimals
Wednesday-Friday: "Paul Revere's Ride" Recitation
Wednesday: Greek and Latin Roots Assessment (1-75)
Wednesday: Math Quiz
Thursday: Math Test - Dividing Decimals
Thursday: Spalding Test
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren