Greetings Families,
For those who offered to attend the trip as chaperones, thank you for your willingness to serve in this way. If you selected that you wanted to go to the Capitol Museum field trip as your first or second option, you were entered into a drawing today. If that is you, I have already emailed you with directions.
At the same time, I want to invite the rest of you to come as guests. When I reserve the tour, I reserve it for the max number of individuals, which is 120. We will have 90 students if no one is absent, which never happens, which means at the minimum we will have 30 spots for adults. Six of those spots are teachers and 18 are chaperones. That means between the three classes, we have six open spots for guests. But honestly, they have never counted to make sure we only have 60 people for each of the two tours, so I bet we could sneak a couple more in if too many people came.
Thus, that is a long-winded way of inviting you to come as a guest even if you aren't a chaperone. I only ask that you let me know ahead of time so I have a clue. If 20 of you show us, that might be a little too many. The only caveat is that there is no room on the bus for guests. We actually have to have two chaperones drive because of space. So, you would have to meet us at school and follow the buses over or meet us there (the first tour starts at 9:30, and we'll start lining up outside the capitol museum around 9:15).
Also, there is another field trip scheduled for April 24 to the Arizona Science Center. I'll have more information for you on that trip later, but you can go ahead and put it in your calendar as well. For that one, we could have unlimited guests, though there will be a cost for guests on that trip.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
For those who offered to attend the trip as chaperones, thank you for your willingness to serve in this way. If you selected that you wanted to go to the Capitol Museum field trip as your first or second option, you were entered into a drawing today. If that is you, I have already emailed you with directions.
At the same time, I want to invite the rest of you to come as guests. When I reserve the tour, I reserve it for the max number of individuals, which is 120. We will have 90 students if no one is absent, which never happens, which means at the minimum we will have 30 spots for adults. Six of those spots are teachers and 18 are chaperones. That means between the three classes, we have six open spots for guests. But honestly, they have never counted to make sure we only have 60 people for each of the two tours, so I bet we could sneak a couple more in if too many people came.
Thus, that is a long-winded way of inviting you to come as a guest even if you aren't a chaperone. I only ask that you let me know ahead of time so I have a clue. If 20 of you show us, that might be a little too many. The only caveat is that there is no room on the bus for guests. We actually have to have two chaperones drive because of space. So, you would have to meet us at school and follow the buses over or meet us there (the first tour starts at 9:30, and we'll start lining up outside the capitol museum around 9:15).
Also, there is another field trip scheduled for April 24 to the Arizona Science Center. I'll have more information for you on that trip later, but you can go ahead and put it in your calendar as well. For that one, we could have unlimited guests, though there will be a cost for guests on that trip.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren