Skip to main content

Winter Break Update

Greetings Families,

First, let me say thank you for all of the wonderful gifts that were given to me yesterday. The families of 4B spoiled me this year, and I am tremendously grateful. It is such a pleasure having the opportunity to teach your children, and your kindness and support make it all the sweeter.


Winter Break Work

This break, you have the opportunity to have your child do some work if you like. Winter break is intentionally set aside as a time for no homework because children need a break. However, some families, find that some work is helpful for keeping their child focused on being a responsible student, in the routine of studying and working, and as an opportunity to improve areas of weakness. Thus, both of the things I'm going to mention here are optional.

Winter Break Packet: I had these all printed and ready to hand out on Wednesday. I even told the class to remind me to hand them out. Needless to say, I forgot. Thus, I'm giving you two options if you want your child to do this packet.


  1. You can find the document here to print it out yourself. 
  2. You can pick it up at the school. I've paced a box outside the Archway building. You can pick one up anytime you are in the area.


Each day they complete something, they will receive 5 extra credit points* for that subject. 

Xtra Math: Along with the review packet, you can have your child work on Xtra Math. For every day your child does Xtra Math over the break, he/she will receive 2 points of extra credit.* 

I've sent home the flyer for Xtra Math twice, but if you need a copy of it, please let me know. There are specific login procedures. 


* Extra credit points will go toward the third quarter. Grades for the second quarter are already finalized. 


Enjoy the Break

I hope everyone enjoys the break. For those who celebrate Christman, Merry Christmas to you and your family. To others, I hope you enjoy this holiday season. I'm always thankful for the opportunity to spend time with my family in this joyous time.


Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren