Greetings Families,
I've shared most of these with your child, but I want to make sure you are aware of my class expectations. These expectations set the standard of excellence that I expect my students to pursue and that I will help guide them towards.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
Class Expectations: Rules
Rule #1: Follow Directions Right Away, All the Way, with a Happy Heart
Rule #2: Raise Your Hand for Permission to Speak
Rule #3: Raise Your Hand for Permission to Leave Your Seat
Rule #4: Don’t Cause Problems: For Yourself or Others
Class Expectations: SLANT
Scholarly Position: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Posture and Hands
Listen Carefully: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Mind
Ask and Answer Questions: Actively Engage the Lessons by Orally Participating
Nod Your Head While You Listen: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Expressions
Track the Information: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Eyes
Class Expectations: Work Ethic
Attention to Detail: Aim for Perfection in Everything You Do
Effort: Give Your Best Effort, No Matter How Hard or Mundane
Class Expectations: Love
Love Virtue: Pursue the Best Possible You Through Virtuous Thoughts and Behavior
Love Others: Love Others as You Love Yourself
Love the Curriculum: Delight Yourself in Learning Wonderful Things
Love the Work: Rejoice in Doing Your Best Work
Class Expectations: Discipline
Discipline Your Mind: Train Your Mind to Focus on the Task at Hand
Discipline Your Soul: Be the Ruler of Your Emotions
Discipline Your Will: Do the Right Thing Every Time
Discipline Your Body: Condition the Body to Fulfill Your Purpose
I've shared most of these with your child, but I want to make sure you are aware of my class expectations. These expectations set the standard of excellence that I expect my students to pursue and that I will help guide them towards.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
Class Expectations: Rules
Rule #1: Follow Directions Right Away, All the Way, with a Happy Heart
Rule #2: Raise Your Hand for Permission to Speak
Rule #3: Raise Your Hand for Permission to Leave Your Seat
Rule #4: Don’t Cause Problems: For Yourself or Others
Class Expectations: SLANT
Scholarly Position: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Posture and Hands
Listen Carefully: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Mind
Ask and Answer Questions: Actively Engage the Lessons by Orally Participating
Nod Your Head While You Listen: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Expressions
Track the Information: Actively Engage the Lessons with Your Eyes
Class Expectations: Work Ethic
Attention to Detail: Aim for Perfection in Everything You Do
Effort: Give Your Best Effort, No Matter How Hard or Mundane
Class Expectations: Love
Love Virtue: Pursue the Best Possible You Through Virtuous Thoughts and Behavior
Love Others: Love Others as You Love Yourself
Love the Curriculum: Delight Yourself in Learning Wonderful Things
Love the Work: Rejoice in Doing Your Best Work
Class Expectations: Discipline
Discipline Your Mind: Train Your Mind to Focus on the Task at Hand
Discipline Your Soul: Be the Ruler of Your Emotions
Discipline Your Will: Do the Right Thing Every Time
Discipline Your Body: Condition the Body to Fulfill Your Purpose