Greetings Families,
Well, it is finally here. It is the last week of school. It is so hard to believe. It seems like only yesterday that I was meeting so many new facts at Meet the Teacher Night and on the first day of school. I looked at them as strange imposters filling the seats of the students I have loved the year before. Now, over the span of 40+ weeks, they are now the owners of those seats and a place in my heart. They have become my students whom I cherish. Though I look forward to the summer break, I will hate seeing my students depart from me.
In addition to remembering the times I've shared with your children, I will remember fondly the times I've spent with you. Even in difficult meetings, I've always enjoyed and am thankful for the times I have with parents. Many of you have become dear to my heart in the ways you showered kindness toward my family as we struggled through the decline and death of my mom. I'm so thankful for the way I have been blessed with and by the families who supported their children and have encouraged me along the way. Please know that even though your child will not be in my class next year, he or she is always a student to me. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.
School Days
Monday - Full Day (No Clubs)
Tuesday - Full Day (No Clubs / Last Day of Tutoring)
Wednesday - Halfday (No Clubs / No Tutoring)
Thursday - Halfday (No Clubs)
Friday - Halfday (No Clubs)
Lessons
Writing/Grammar: There are no writing or grammar lessons this week.
History: Students will present their history timeline posters.
Literature: The students will continue to read selections from The Book of Virtues this week.
Math: After struggling with the volume and capacity tests last week, the students will be retaking those tests on Monday. The rest of the week will be spent looking at tessellations and playing math games.
Poems: Students completed their last poem recitation last week.
Greek and Latin Roots: Students took the last Greek and Latin roots test last week.
Science: Students will spend time reviewing what they learned in science this year.
Spalding: There is no Spalding this week.
Schedule
Well, it is finally here. It is the last week of school. It is so hard to believe. It seems like only yesterday that I was meeting so many new facts at Meet the Teacher Night and on the first day of school. I looked at them as strange imposters filling the seats of the students I have loved the year before. Now, over the span of 40+ weeks, they are now the owners of those seats and a place in my heart. They have become my students whom I cherish. Though I look forward to the summer break, I will hate seeing my students depart from me.
In addition to remembering the times I've shared with your children, I will remember fondly the times I've spent with you. Even in difficult meetings, I've always enjoyed and am thankful for the times I have with parents. Many of you have become dear to my heart in the ways you showered kindness toward my family as we struggled through the decline and death of my mom. I'm so thankful for the way I have been blessed with and by the families who supported their children and have encouraged me along the way. Please know that even though your child will not be in my class next year, he or she is always a student to me. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.
School Days
Monday - Full Day (No Clubs)
Tuesday - Full Day (No Clubs / Last Day of Tutoring)
Wednesday - Halfday (No Clubs / No Tutoring)
Thursday - Halfday (No Clubs)
Friday - Halfday (No Clubs)
Lessons
Writing/Grammar: There are no writing or grammar lessons this week.
History: Students will present their history timeline posters.
Literature: The students will continue to read selections from The Book of Virtues this week.
Math: After struggling with the volume and capacity tests last week, the students will be retaking those tests on Monday. The rest of the week will be spent looking at tessellations and playing math games.
Poems: Students completed their last poem recitation last week.
Greek and Latin Roots: Students took the last Greek and Latin roots test last week.
Science: Students will spend time reviewing what they learned in science this year.
Spalding: There is no Spalding this week.
Schedule
- Monday: Math - Unit 11 Chapter 4 & 5 Test Retake
- Wednesday
- Rocket Math Celebration - 10:15 -11:15 a.m.
- A celebration for students who have completed all four operations of Rocket Math.
- Current Participants: Shaam, Madyn, Anabel, Tomi, Emily, Margaret, Aiden, Brighton, Ben, John, Noah, Charielle, Livia, Sean, Jack, Ali, Evie, Riley O., Bea, Kory, Donie, Corbin, & Adam
- Thursday
- Khan Academy - 7:55-8:35 a.m.
- Music - 8:35-9:15 a.m.
- Khan Academy - 9:15-10:50 a.m.
- Khan Academy Celebration - 9:50-10:50 a.m.
- A celebration for students who have completed the 4th grade Khan Academy curriculum.
- Current Participants: Ali, Anabel, Ben, John, Livia, Madyn, & Riley O.
- Assembly - 11:00-11:30 a.m.
- Cleanup - 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Students will take home all personal items.
- Friday
- Class End of Year Celebration
- 9:00-9:55 a.m. - 4B Infomercials
- 9:55-10:10 a.m. - Recess
- 10:10-11:00 a.m. - Games
- 11:00-11:45 a.m. - Lunch
- 11:45 a.m.-12 p.m. - Cleanup and Dismissal
I hope everyone enjoys the last week of having their child in school. I hope you have a wonderful summer break. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren