Skip to main content

Quarter 2, Week 9-10 Lessons

Greetings Families,

I hope you have enjoyed the weekend. It is hard to believe there are only eight days of school left with two of those days being half days. Here are the plans for the last two weeks.


Lessons

Math: The rest of the semester will be spent reviewing and mastering prior material. The only thing left to teach is how to add and subtract mixed numbers. This includes regrouping in subtraction. Here is an example.

4 1/2 - 2 3/4 =
4 2/4 - 2 3/4 =
3 6/4 - 2 3/4 = 1 3/4

The Unit 1-3 Cumulative Test is Friday.

Literature: Students will end their reading of Robin Hood this week. They will have a few days to complete some of the book long assignments such as the STEAL sheet, summaries, and setting documents. They will also be completing a document to understand a story's plot as a class.

Poem: Students will be asked to recite "The Flag Goes By" this week. Poem recitations happen as time allows so I do not know what day each student will go.

Greek and Latin Roots: Students will take the second quarter Greek and Latin roots test. The test is on Monday. It is over numbers 1-50. I've added a Quizlet below.

History: Students will take the final history test of the quarter when they take their Arizona unit test on Tuesday. The class reviewed the study guide on Friday, so students should have completed study guides to prepare with. I've added a Quizlet below to help support the students.

Science: In science, students will take a quiz on electricity on Monday and then life science on Thursday. These quizzes are meant to help students store in their memories the units taught earlier this year. They will also continue to look at the scientific method and the negative impact of humans on the environment.

Spalding: The Spalding regiment should be the usual.

Grammar: Students will spend Monday learning about how to punctuate quotes in a sentence. On Monday through Thursday, students will review what they have learned in grammar this year to prepare for a cumulative test.

Important Dates
  • Monday - Friday: Poem, "The Flag Goes By" Recitations
  • Monday: Science, Electricity Review Quiz
  • Tuesday: History, Arizona Unit Test
  • Wednesday: Greek and Latin Roots, Quarter Test (1-50)
  • Thursday: Science, Life Science Review Quiz
  • Friday: Math, Unit 1-3 Cumulative Test
  • Friday: Grammar, Quarter 2 Week 9  Cumulative Test

Mr. Naaktgeboren Out This Week

I also wanted to let you know that I will be out of the classroom some this week. On Thursday, I will be out of the classroom for the day to work on quarter two evaluations. Then, on Friday, I will be leaving at noon to go to Cibecue for a varsity girls basketball game. I've provided a map if you have never heard of Cibecue. It is around two and a half hours away.


Week 10

During week ten, there are no quizzes or tests schedules. However, there will still be a good deal of learning happening on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, students will spend the first part of the morning cleaning their desk in preparation for the new year and will end the day with the winter celebration.


I look forward to seeing your child tomorrow. I hope you have a great week.

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren