Skip to main content

4B Spelling Bee Winner and First Runner-Up

Greetings Families,

Today, I told my students before we started the spelling bee that I hate administering the spelling bee. I like the spelling bee itself, but I hate seeing students who worked so hard misspell a word. It is gut-wrenching. None-the-less, it is a worthwhile school tradition.

I first want to note how happy I am and how proud I am of the scholars who chose to participate. In my four prior years of teaching, I've never had so many students choose to participate. We had many students make it to the third and fourth rounds. I'm very proud of the effort they made, and they should be proud of their achievement.


4B Spelling Bee Winner and First Runner-Up

I am proud to announce the winner and first runner-up of this year's 4B spelling bee. The winner of the 4B spelling bee is Madyn. The first runner-up is Emily. Madyn will move on to compete in the school spelling bee with her 1st-5th-grade peers. Emily will attend the event as the first runner-up. If Madyn is unable to participate in the spelling bee, Emily will represent 4B in the school spelling bee.


If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Ms. Modisett (bmodisett@archwayarete.org), Arete's Spelling Bee Coordinator.


Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren