Skip to main content

Fall Break Review Packet

Greetings Families,

I hope you are enjoying the first part of fall break. I'm looking forward to waking up early tomorrow morning to start doing some yard work that has fallen to the wayside. My year, which never really looks great, is looking pretty bad.


Your child should have brought home a Fall Break Review Packet on Friday. This review packet is for you if you so choose to have your child do it. There is no expectation. Some families want their child to do nothing school related for the entire nine days without school. If that is you, please don't have your child do it. However, other families want their children to stay academically active. If you do, then feel free to have your child do the work.

For families who want their children to do some of the work, there are some small incentives. First, any work completed will earn extra credit for the homework category of the subject. If a child does one day's worth of work, he or she will get the extra credit earned. In addition, any student who completes the whole packet with 80% accuracy will be invited to each lunch in the classroom, and I will provide some sort of additional dessert (likely popcorn and some sort of fruit).


Lastly, before the break, I had the students turn in their notebooks for review. This includes the science notebook, which may be needed to answer some of the questions on the science review pages. If your child plans to complete the science worksheets, please let them visit the chemistry Quizlet here and the electricity Quizlet here.


I hope you have a great break. Please let me know if you need anything over the break. I look forward to seeing you again the following week for conferences.

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren