Skip to main content

Returned Work: September 13, 2017

Greetings Families,

I wanted to inform you of a few things I have returned over the past couple of days. Hopefully, your child has given these to you. If they have not and for some reason no longer have them, let me know and I can give you their grades.


Subject: Assessment Name (Class Average) [Most Common Grade]

  • ELA: Greek and Latin Root Quasi-Quiz (37.11%) [3/15] - Quasi-quizzes impact the homework/classwork categories and not test/quiz categories, so they don't impact their final grades as much. I usually give them advanced notice that I will give them, but they are mainly meant to promote good study skills.
  • ELA: Type of Sentence Quasi-Quiz (63.85%) [3.5/4]
  • ELA: Classroom Practice 8 (93.34%) [10/10] - The students did this in class and then we reviewed it afterward. I told them I would be collecting it to give them a classwork grade. I graded it on completion and neatness.
  • History: Theodora Essay (80.34%) [7/10] - Students were asked to write a paper on Empress Theodora and why she is important. This was graded on content and grammar.
  • History: Europe Map Test (58.76%) [25/38] - Six students got every country correct.
  • Math: Addition and Subtraction Classwork (95.18) [10/10] - Students were asked to complete 8 problems in 10 minutes. We then reviewed these as a class and I told students to complete the work and correct answers as we reviewed them. I graded this only on completion and neatness. 

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren