Skip to main content

Returning Quiz: August 16, 2017

Greetings Families,

Today, I returned reviewed the student's first science quiz. These quizzes will be very regular. They will usually take one to two a week. The purpose is to get them engaged in the lessons because they know they have to know the information soon and well.

If your child's grade is a little low on this one, don't let it stress you too much. I had students who did very poorly on these quizzes at the beginning of the year and were passing them all toward the end. They just have to learn how to engage the lessons in class and how to make good use of their notes on a regular, recommended nightly, basis.

The quiz was titled Q1W2D1 (Quarter 1, Week 2, Day 1 Quiz). It reviewed things we have studied in the chemistry unit. The class average was an 86.6%.

Also, I told students to keep this quiz in their science folder because they will be helpful in preparing for the chemistry unit exam.

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren