Greetings Families,
I hope everyone is doing well. I've spent some time reviewing data from the MAP testing that the students took this week and from the progress students are making on Khan Academy. I am hoping that with this data and with what the students are producing in class, I will be able to identify what needs are present and how to best support their learning.
There are two important events coming up that I want to remind you of.
Curriculum Night is this Wednesday. Some of you have already told me that you won't be able to make it, but if you have that evening open I think you will find it time well spent. Please remember this is an adult only evening. Here is the schedule:
I hope everyone is doing well. I've spent some time reviewing data from the MAP testing that the students took this week and from the progress students are making on Khan Academy. I am hoping that with this data and with what the students are producing in class, I will be able to identify what needs are present and how to best support their learning.
There are two important events coming up that I want to remind you of.
Curriculum Night
Curriculum Night is this Wednesday. Some of you have already told me that you won't be able to make it, but if you have that evening open I think you will find it time well spent. Please remember this is an adult only evening. Here is the schedule:
Curriculum Night Schedule
6:00-6:15 Welcome and opening remarks by Mr. Gillingham, Ms. Pantalena, and Mrs. Mason
A-L M-Z
6:20-7:05 Child's Classroom Specials in MPR
7:10-7:55 Specials in MPR Child's Classroom
Some of the topics to be discussed Wednesday night are homework expectations and procedures, birthday celebrations, 4B's use of Khan Academy, and the reason for regular quizzing in science and history.
Coffee Talk Conversations
On September 15, from 8-9 a.m., Mr. Gillingham would like to meet with fourth-grade families. This is a good time for you to hear from him as our school's leader and for you to ask questions and give input. There are only fourteen spots left, so signup quickly if you would like to attend. You can click here if you would like to go.
Memorizing the Countries and Capitals of Europe
Hopefully, your child has been bringing his or her history notebook home each night to study the Europe map s/he has been coloring in. Your child will need to know the location and capital of all the countries of Europe. If you allow your child to use technology, they might find this website helpful in learning the countries' locations and capitals. Click here to go to the website.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren