Skip to main content

Mechanical Pencils

Greetings Families,

As I noted in an email before the break, I am transitioning to allowing students to use mechanical pencils. This is not a requirement for the students, but some might like to use them. As I noted previously, these can often lead to a greater pain than help and it could be a short-lived opportunity for the students. Thus, don't spend a ton of money on the best mechanical pencil technology. But, they are fourth-grade students now, and I want to give them the opportunity to show me their maturity.

If you would like, you may send your child to school with some mechanical pencils on Tuesday. Students who do not have mechanical pencils will be provided with wood pencils as normal. Thank you to those who provided some before the break.


Below is a video of what I'm hoping to be the result of mechanical pencils. I have no idea what they are saying (hopefully there is not foreign foul language in this video), but you will get the picture.


Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren