Skip to main content

Greek and Latin Roots Quiz

Greetings Families,

Today, the students took the Greek and Latin Roots quiz online. Their performance was not as good as I had hoped. The class average was a 61.4%. The image below shows how the students performed.


I believe the reason the class did not do well, tough some did, is two-fold. First, the quiz was hard. It is hard to memorize 75 Greek and Latin roots. Second, the students lack the discipline necessary, as a whole, that is needed to perform excellently. The students have had all of the roots available for them to study for over four weeks. Studying roots has been a homework item for over four weeks. However, I suspect, if I asked the students if they studying their roots cards or the Quizlet 3-5 times a night, most would say no. This is a good indicator for you to use to gauge your student's discipline and study skills. In the grand scheme of things, this one test means very little. It only impacts the students' grade by 3.9%. Don't be alarmed if your child did poorly, but it might encourage you to do a little more coaching for future exams next quarter and in the years to come.

I've sent home student grade reports with the students so you can see what they received. The grade is at the bottom of the sheet I provided.

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren