Skip to main content

Geology Test

Greetings Families,

Today, the students took the geology unit exam. Overall, I feel like the students did well. The test was broken into two components. The first component was multiple choice/true & false. The students took this part of the test online. The class average was an 88.3%. Sixteen students received an A or A-.


On the written part of the test, which was comprised of essay questions and a model drawing of the rock cycle, students did not fair as well. The class average for this part was a 78.9%. 


This indicates something that is to be expected. The students are much more skilled at memorizing facts and definitions than they are at understanding how those facts and definitions work themselves out in systems; how it is that those things relate to one another. 

Tonight, your child should be bringing home a copy of the paper test and a grade report that has their scores for this test in its two parts. 

I will not be printing out a copy of the test each student took online due to the fact that each test is 17 pages. However, if you feel like you need to sit down with your child to review the mistakes he or she made, I am happy to print a copy out for you. Please just email me and I will send that home with your child. I can also send a digital copy if that would be easier. 

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren