Greetings Families,
I'm writing to inform you that our class is in desperate need of pencils. I tried to ration them out but must have over allocated their monthly allowance. If you would like, please send some pencils to school with your child when you are able. The brand isn't that important. They wear the erasers down so quickly and they sharpen them so much, even the best brands don't last very long.
Thank you for your support.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
P.S. Also, after spring break, I am going to do a test run with mechanical pencils. This usually doesn't go well and doesn't last long because they become toys to play with instead of tools to use, but I want to give them the opportunity to succeed or fail. Either way, something beneficial will happen. They will either have pencils they can use without having to sharpen them all of the time, or they will learn the important of maturity after mechanical pencils are taken away.
If you would like to buy some inexpensive ones for them to bring in after the break, you may do so. I wouldn't spend much money on them. They may not be permitted to use them after a few days, and they are also likely to be lost.
I'm writing to inform you that our class is in desperate need of pencils. I tried to ration them out but must have over allocated their monthly allowance. If you would like, please send some pencils to school with your child when you are able. The brand isn't that important. They wear the erasers down so quickly and they sharpen them so much, even the best brands don't last very long.
Thank you for your support.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
P.S. Also, after spring break, I am going to do a test run with mechanical pencils. This usually doesn't go well and doesn't last long because they become toys to play with instead of tools to use, but I want to give them the opportunity to succeed or fail. Either way, something beneficial will happen. They will either have pencils they can use without having to sharpen them all of the time, or they will learn the important of maturity after mechanical pencils are taken away.
If you would like to buy some inexpensive ones for them to bring in after the break, you may do so. I wouldn't spend much money on them. They may not be permitted to use them after a few days, and they are also likely to be lost.