Greetings Families,
Please note that it is not expected that students work on their Europe projects over the break. However, during class work time, it has become apparent that some students have already lost some of the documents they need to complete the project. Thus, I am providing those documents here if your child needs an additional copy. The due date for this project is Thursday, January 19. I have adjusted some documents to reflect this new due date from the first time it was sent home.
Parent Signature Page and Project Rubric
Suggested Project Timeline
Project Research Guide
Resources
It has also come to my attention that some families are having a difficult time locating books (hard copies) for some of the smaller European nations. If this is the case, students may use more internet sources. When visiting the library, many offer reference books, such as Encyclopedias, which cannot be checked out, but that will have information on the nation your child is researching. Some libraries offer free or inexpensive copies, or you might just take a picture of the title page (for the title and author information) and the pages containing information about the specific country your child is researching.
Some libraries also offer digital books that may be checked out online. Published books that may be read via a Kindle or Nook, or another device like them, are not considered website sources.
Please inform me if I can assist you on this project. If your family chooses to work on this over the break, please feel free to email me. It is very likely that I will not check my email as regularly over the winter break, but I expect to check it at least every other day.
I hope the rest of your weekend is great.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
Please note that it is not expected that students work on their Europe projects over the break. However, during class work time, it has become apparent that some students have already lost some of the documents they need to complete the project. Thus, I am providing those documents here if your child needs an additional copy. The due date for this project is Thursday, January 19. I have adjusted some documents to reflect this new due date from the first time it was sent home.
Parent Signature Page and Project Rubric
Suggested Project Timeline
Project Research Guide
Resources
It has also come to my attention that some families are having a difficult time locating books (hard copies) for some of the smaller European nations. If this is the case, students may use more internet sources. When visiting the library, many offer reference books, such as Encyclopedias, which cannot be checked out, but that will have information on the nation your child is researching. Some libraries offer free or inexpensive copies, or you might just take a picture of the title page (for the title and author information) and the pages containing information about the specific country your child is researching.
Some libraries also offer digital books that may be checked out online. Published books that may be read via a Kindle or Nook, or another device like them, are not considered website sources.
Please inform me if I can assist you on this project. If your family chooses to work on this over the break, please feel free to email me. It is very likely that I will not check my email as regularly over the winter break, but I expect to check it at least every other day.
I hope the rest of your weekend is great.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren