Skip to main content

Tomorrow Is the First Day of School!

Greetings Families,

It was my pleasure to meet you on Thursday at “Meet the Teacher Night!” I was thrilled to introduce myself to you and to see the excitement in your child’s eyes. I think most of them are ready to return to school and I’m excited to be their teacher.

This email/blog post is a little lengthy, but please read to the end.


The Princess and the Goblin

Please be sure your child brings The Princess and the Goblin to school on Monday.


E-MAIL

If there are any additional emails that you would like added to the general class email or specific to your child, please reply with that information.


BLOG
If you haven’t done so already, please go to naakarete.blogspot.com. On the right side there is a section that says, “Follow by Email.” Please enter your email address, and any other important ones, in that box and hit submit. You will receive a confirmation e-mail. Click the link and you will be subscribed. The blog is the primary way in which I will communicate with you. You will see test dates, important event dates, spelling/vocabulary words, schedules, links to specials teachers, a weekly post that explains what we will be studying during the week. It is vital that you check the blog regularly if you choose not to subscribe.


VOLUNTEERS

I am very pleased with the response I have received toward volunteering. It will take a few weeks for the class to settle in for the new school year. Once the parent coordinators are selected, I will meet with them to discuss opportunities for volunteering. Fourth grade volunteering opportunities do differ from third grade, so please be patient as we communicate those oppertunties.


Drop-Off/Pick Up

Hours upon hours have been put into designing the traffic plan for the school. The first couple of weeks are very busy. There are no after-school activities and all students are leaving at once. I ask that you follow all parking lot rules, put your cell phone down, listen to any teacher instructions on the lot, and be patient. Traffic the first week always moves slowly. It will get better, I promise.


After School Clubs


You should receive information on clubs during the second week of school.


Communication
I am here to serve you. Your child’s education is your responsibility and I’m thankful and privileged that you chose Archway Arete and that you are allowing me to be your child’s teacher. Whenever you have a question or a concern, or even if you just have a random comment that you think might be helpful, please do not hesitate to email me. Please extend me the grace of allowing 24 hours to respond, through I aim to be more timely.

If there comes a time when you would like to meet with me, please let me know. I am available during the day on my planning periods and at lunch and after school. You will never be a bother to me. It is my joy to discuss your child with you and to share with you the joy I have as your child’s teacher.


Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren