Skip to main content

Summer Activities

Greetings Families,

I hope your summer break is off to a great start. Though it has only been a few days, my heart already feels like it has been weeks and I am missing my students already. It was a great privilege to serve as their teacher this year and I am excited to see what they accomplish in fourth grade.

To that end, I have put together a couple things for you to use this summer with your child. There is no expectation that you use these resources and there is more here than almost anyone should try to complete. I simply wanted to create a resource for you to use at your pleasure.

Also, in the math packet, which I did not create, it asks the student to find the mean, medium, or mode. This was not apart of our curriculum last year and therefore most students will be unfamiliar with it. If you would like to teach it to your child, you can watch this video to help with that process.

ELA Summer Packet

Math Summer Packet

Lastly, if your not sure what to have your child read over the summer, I recommend The Jungle Book. It was formerly apart of the third grade curriculum and a book I really enjoyed reading with the students during the 2014-2015 year. I've provided a PDF of the book, with the first pages being a leader's and discussion guide. I will also provide a link to a YouTube video that is the audio book.

The Jungle Book Summer Reading Packet


Thank you again for a great year. 

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren