Greetings,
As noted before, we will be discussing the sensitive subject of slavery this week. The third grade team makes a good effort for this lesson to be informative without being to overwhelming for our young pupils. However, many of the students have a lot of questions and some of startled by the way Africans were treated. Some questions may need to be differed to the home where a one-on-one conversation can be had and with a parent who knows the child the best. For those reasons, I am again providing you with a copy of the text we will be reading and discussing in class. I hope it is helpful for any questions you might encounter.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
As noted before, we will be discussing the sensitive subject of slavery this week. The third grade team makes a good effort for this lesson to be informative without being to overwhelming for our young pupils. However, many of the students have a lot of questions and some of startled by the way Africans were treated. Some questions may need to be differed to the home where a one-on-one conversation can be had and with a parent who knows the child the best. For those reasons, I am again providing you with a copy of the text we will be reading and discussing in class. I hope it is helpful for any questions you might encounter.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren