Greetings Families,
I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start. I wanted to let you know that I was very impressed with your children's project presentations over the past two days. I can tell they put a lot of effort into making their dioramas, posters, scrapbooks, and PowerPoints presentations. We will have a similar activity coming up soon in the fourth quarter in science. I hope I get to see the same sort of enthusiasm.
I also wanted to remind you that Friday is Athletic Field Day. On Friday, all students should bring a water bottle and may wear athletic clothing. Please ensure that students do not wear any clothing with pop culture references, but sports apparel is acceptable. If students would like, they may wear a yellow shirt to match our city's symbol.
Here are the upcoming events and lessons for the week.
Best,
I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start. I wanted to let you know that I was very impressed with your children's project presentations over the past two days. I can tell they put a lot of effort into making their dioramas, posters, scrapbooks, and PowerPoints presentations. We will have a similar activity coming up soon in the fourth quarter in science. I hope I get to see the same sort of enthusiasm.
I also wanted to remind you that Friday is Athletic Field Day. On Friday, all students should bring a water bottle and may wear athletic clothing. Please ensure that students do not wear any clothing with pop culture references, but sports apparel is acceptable. If students would like, they may wear a yellow shirt to match our city's symbol.
Here are the upcoming events and lessons for the week.
Assessments at a Glance
Monday - Spalding Benchmark Assessment
Tuesday - History Test (Native Americans Unit)
Thursday - Literary Terms Quiz (The Little Prince) and Spelling Test
Friday - Athletic Field Day
Lessons
Language Arts
We will be having our monthly Spalding assessment on Monday. With Athletic Field Day on our plate as well, our spelling word list will only be 10 words this week. We continue our work on our opinion essay in class and will be wrapping up our study of The Little Prince.
Math
This week we will be finishing up our fractions unit. We will subtract fractions with like denominators and discuss fractions of a set. The students will be tested on fractions on Friday.
History
We will be having our monthly Spalding assessment on Monday. With Athletic Field Day on our plate as well, our spelling word list will only be 10 words this week. We continue our work on our opinion essay in class and will be wrapping up our study of The Little Prince.
Math
This week we will be finishing up our fractions unit. We will subtract fractions with like denominators and discuss fractions of a set. The students will be tested on fractions on Friday.
History
This week we are wrapping up our Native American unit and taking our assessment on Tuesday. Then we will begin our explorers unit. Next week we will discuss the explorations of Columbus and Juan Ponce de Leon!
Science
This week in science, students will be finishing up their study of light and the eye. We will be considering why we see different colors and the parts of the eye. On Monday, a study guide will be sent home for the quiz that will be taken during week eleven (3/16). Parts of the study guide will be addressed during the lessons on Monday and Wednesday. Please have students start working on their study guides at your convenience, and allow them to skip over questions concerning why we see blue (number 5 on the short answer section) and the eye diagram until we have discussed them in class. The study guide will be due on Monday, March 14.
Science
This week in science, students will be finishing up their study of light and the eye. We will be considering why we see different colors and the parts of the eye. On Monday, a study guide will be sent home for the quiz that will be taken during week eleven (3/16). Parts of the study guide will be addressed during the lessons on Monday and Wednesday. Please have students start working on their study guides at your convenience, and allow them to skip over questions concerning why we see blue (number 5 on the short answer section) and the eye diagram until we have discussed them in class. The study guide will be due on Monday, March 14.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren