Skip to main content

Quarter 2, Week 8 Lessons



Greetings Families,

I hope you have enjoyed your child's break from school and our opportunity to give thanks as individuals and as a nation. The Roman philosopher Cicero wisely noted, "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." We are blessed as a nation to have such an occasion set aside for such a noble deed.

As I reflect on what I am thankful for, there is a great deal. I am thankful, like you, for my children. I am also grateful for the students I have been blessed to educate. As I reflect on my love for my own children and the great duty I have to raise them, I consider the responsibility placed on your shoulders to care for your child and the decisions you make for his or her good. With that in mind, I am humbled that you have considered me worthy to be your child's teacher. I am blessed and grateful that you have extended such a grace to me. Thank you for allowing me to teach your child and for the support and encouragement you give.

Here are the lessons for the week.

Tests and Quizzes:
Friday: Math (Multiplication by 8s and 9s) & Spelling Test

Language Arts:
We are nearing the end of Pinocchio and seeing some interesting developments in this wonderful novel! In grammar we are still keeping our focus on prepositional phrases and we will be reading about Ancient West Africa for our summary exercises. Spalding will continue with our usual 30 words.

Math:
We will continue multiplying and dividing by 9s and focus on estimation to solve math problems.

History:
We will be introduced to Augustus Caesar and compare the two Caesars. We will end our week with a Reader's Theater activity on Friday!

Science:
We will wrap up our muscle discussion and introduce the nervous system.

Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren