Skip to main content

Quarter 4, Week 8 Lessons and a Thank You

Greetings Parents,

I hope everyone has had a joy filled weekend. Let me begin this post by discussing our lessons for the week.


Math

This week we will begin our study of geometry. On Thursday, the students will take a school-wide assessment that is used for Archway Arete student and teacher evaluations. The students should treat this assessment much like they did the AzMERIT testing by getting sufficient rest, and by taking the test seriously but by not being stressed about it. 

Language Arts

Poem: “The Land of Story-Books,” by Robert Louis Stevenson

Spalding: This week follows our normal procedures.

Literature: Students will be reading and discussing chapters 21-26 of the Little House on the Prairie.

Writing and Grammar: This week students will continue to refine their summarization and copying from dictation skills in writing while reviewing adverbs and verbs in grammar.

School-Wide Assessment: The students will be taking a school-wide assessment in language arts, same as in math.

History

This week students will be studying the middle colonies, while focusing on the Dutch settlement of New York and William Penn and the Quakers.

Science

In science this week the students will have an opportunity to discuss the more mysterious aspects of the universe, such as black holes and its origin. In doing so, we will be discussing the Big Bang theory. This will be taught as a popular theory that aims to make since of the observable evidence, but that may change as new evidence is discovered.


Assessments at a Glance

Monday: Science
Tuesday: None
Wednesday: None
Thursday: Math: School-Wide Assessment
Friday: Language Arts: School-Wide Assessment


Let me end this post with a thank you.

Last week I was truly blessed by the kind words and gifts of my students. I received poems, letters, pictures, Raman Noodles, gift cards, ties, other gifts, and chocolate without end. My heart was overwhelmed by their kind gestures and love. However, I know that their generous gifts were only theirs in part. Behind their smiles and gifts were your gracious spirits. Throughout this year you have gifted me with presents. In our meetings you have graced me with your smiles and kind words. As I stand on the cusp of my first year of teaching, I cannot image a better year. I want to thank your children and you for a wonderful year and many joyful memories.

I hope everyone has a great week.


Best,

Michael Naaktgeboren