Greetings Parents,
Week four has come upon us and we are quickly progress through the forth quarter. Tomorrow starts the AzMERIT testing. At Archway Arete, we take the test seriously, but it does not govern our curriculum. However, it is an important gage for the state to see how we are doing as an institution. As you prepare your child for the testing this week, I would encourage you to be balanced. I don't the students to be stressed out over the test, but I don't want them to be lazy because it doesn't impact their grade. For other recommendations, please see the letter from the assistant headmaster here.
Next, I would just like to say thank you to all who were able to come out to the class social at the park. I had a blast spending time with you and your children outside the classroom. I am also thankful for the kindness your showed towards my wife and children. My wife had a great time getting to meet and talk with you.
Now, here are the plans for the week. They are fairly limited due to AzMERIT testing.
Math
Today, Monday, we will be reviewing things that will be on the test this week and Friday we are back to normal as we progress through out study of fractions.
Langauge Arts
Poem and Idiom: No new poem and idiom due to testing.
Spalding: The students will be learning 40 new words this week, but there will be no homework or testing because of testing.
Writing and Grammar: The students will work on summarizing a passage and developing oral language skills.
Science
In science we will be introduced to the objects of the solar system and focus on learning the order of the planets. On Friday, we will have an outside demonstration to help students get a glimpse into how big the solar system really is.
History
In history we have discussed the ups and downs of the Jamestown settlement and this week we will see how Virginia grow as a colony.
NO ASSESSMENTS DUE TO TESTING
Have a great week.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
Week four has come upon us and we are quickly progress through the forth quarter. Tomorrow starts the AzMERIT testing. At Archway Arete, we take the test seriously, but it does not govern our curriculum. However, it is an important gage for the state to see how we are doing as an institution. As you prepare your child for the testing this week, I would encourage you to be balanced. I don't the students to be stressed out over the test, but I don't want them to be lazy because it doesn't impact their grade. For other recommendations, please see the letter from the assistant headmaster here.
Next, I would just like to say thank you to all who were able to come out to the class social at the park. I had a blast spending time with you and your children outside the classroom. I am also thankful for the kindness your showed towards my wife and children. My wife had a great time getting to meet and talk with you.
Now, here are the plans for the week. They are fairly limited due to AzMERIT testing.
Math
Today, Monday, we will be reviewing things that will be on the test this week and Friday we are back to normal as we progress through out study of fractions.
Langauge Arts
Poem and Idiom: No new poem and idiom due to testing.
Spalding: The students will be learning 40 new words this week, but there will be no homework or testing because of testing.
Writing and Grammar: The students will work on summarizing a passage and developing oral language skills.
Science
In science we will be introduced to the objects of the solar system and focus on learning the order of the planets. On Friday, we will have an outside demonstration to help students get a glimpse into how big the solar system really is.
History
In history we have discussed the ups and downs of the Jamestown settlement and this week we will see how Virginia grow as a colony.
NO ASSESSMENTS DUE TO TESTING
Have a great week.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren