Greetings Parents,
As of today, your child has a little over 20 days to finish his or her marionette and writing assignment that makes up the Pinocchio Final Project, which will serve as the final exam for literature.
I have read over the instructions for the assignment, and do believe that a third grader who applies him or herself will be able to finish the project with varying measures of success. Please understand that I, and the other third grade leads, are not looking for master pieces. What we are looking for is effort.
We understand that not all things come easy, and some times, with great perseverance, it is by many tries that we accomplish something challenging. Many of our students have never been expected to do this, and that is why I believe many of you chose this school for your children. You desired for them to be pressed beyond mediocre. In part, that is what this project does. It requires them to work with their hards, which is noble, and their minds. It will be a challenge for many. Some will write beautifully while struggling at building their marionettes. Others will build swiftly while crawling through the writing. Neither student should be more respected than the other. Both deserve to be challenged to do something hard, for there is great reward in learning new things by grit.
----------------------------------------------
I would recommend, if you have not already, that you buy craft wire, aluminum foil, scrap paper, masking tape, paint, string (not necessary), and two small sticks or popsicles. I will provide a Hobby Lobby shopping list below. I am not recommending Hobby Lobby, but it is one place where all the items can be found. Target or Walmart probably have these items and at a lower price.
Once you have all the necessary items, my recommendation would be to have your child start working on it. There are plenty of nights when the homework is way to much to worry about working on this project. That is why we have given so much time to do it. However, if the child works on it part by part as he or she has time, there should be plenty of time to finish it before the end of the semester. Gather the materials together in a grocery bag after each work time so things don't get lost.
----------------------------------------------
If your child needs help accomplishing this project, please let me know. I am here to serve you. But please do not underestimate the ability of your child. Expect great things from them, because they are more than capable of surprising you if you allow them. I have the joy of experience that surprise everyday.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
Shopping List
As of today, your child has a little over 20 days to finish his or her marionette and writing assignment that makes up the Pinocchio Final Project, which will serve as the final exam for literature.
I have read over the instructions for the assignment, and do believe that a third grader who applies him or herself will be able to finish the project with varying measures of success. Please understand that I, and the other third grade leads, are not looking for master pieces. What we are looking for is effort.
We understand that not all things come easy, and some times, with great perseverance, it is by many tries that we accomplish something challenging. Many of our students have never been expected to do this, and that is why I believe many of you chose this school for your children. You desired for them to be pressed beyond mediocre. In part, that is what this project does. It requires them to work with their hards, which is noble, and their minds. It will be a challenge for many. Some will write beautifully while struggling at building their marionettes. Others will build swiftly while crawling through the writing. Neither student should be more respected than the other. Both deserve to be challenged to do something hard, for there is great reward in learning new things by grit.
----------------------------------------------
I would recommend, if you have not already, that you buy craft wire, aluminum foil, scrap paper, masking tape, paint, string (not necessary), and two small sticks or popsicles. I will provide a Hobby Lobby shopping list below. I am not recommending Hobby Lobby, but it is one place where all the items can be found. Target or Walmart probably have these items and at a lower price.
Once you have all the necessary items, my recommendation would be to have your child start working on it. There are plenty of nights when the homework is way to much to worry about working on this project. That is why we have given so much time to do it. However, if the child works on it part by part as he or she has time, there should be plenty of time to finish it before the end of the semester. Gather the materials together in a grocery bag after each work time so things don't get lost.
----------------------------------------------
If your child needs help accomplishing this project, please let me know. I am here to serve you. But please do not underestimate the ability of your child. Expect great things from them, because they are more than capable of surprising you if you allow them. I have the joy of experience that surprise everyday.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
Shopping List