Greetings Parents,
I'm sure many of you have exciting plans for Thanksgiving and the long weekend. I hope your families have a blessed time as you give thanks. I would like to start by saying how thankful I am for the class I have been blessed with. Your children are a true joy to my heart. Though I'm thankful for days off, I awake each morning with a desire to spend time with my students. I am also thankful for your kindness. It has been so good to spend time with many of you. I love how you care so much about your children's academics and souls. With the high expectation of Arete, that places a heavy burden on you as the parents. Only those who love their children greatly would endure the rigor we place on them and you. So, thank you for your great efforts and kindness towards me.
Here are the lessons for next week.
--------------------------------------------------
Language Arts
Idiom: "Keep your fingers crossed"
Poem: "Stopping by Woods on a Showy Evening"
Spalding: We will be learning some rules for the English language next week. We will be looking at when to use ie or ei. We will also learn a twenty more words.
Literature: We will be reading chapters 32-35 of Pinocchio. There will be no reading groups on Monday, December 1, but there will be an opportunity on December 4 from 10:40-11:30 if you are finger printed and able. If you would like to come on this day, please email me.
Writing and Grammar: The students will review the use of simicolons, direct objects, and prepositions. They will also continue to refine the skill of summarizing.
Math
Next week we are finishing up our study of multiplication and division with a focus on the number eight and moving on to the number nine. There will be a quiz on Wednesday.
History
The class has discussed Julius Caesar's rise to power. Next week, we will discuss his death another important Roman figure, Augustus Caesar. We will also begin looking at the language of Rome, Latin and important names. There will be quiz on Thursday.
Science
We have finished our in depth study of the human skeletal system and now move towards the muscular system. Students will be learning about the different types of muscles and how they function. They will also be learning about some of the major skeletal muscles and their locations.
--------------------------------------------------
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
I'm sure many of you have exciting plans for Thanksgiving and the long weekend. I hope your families have a blessed time as you give thanks. I would like to start by saying how thankful I am for the class I have been blessed with. Your children are a true joy to my heart. Though I'm thankful for days off, I awake each morning with a desire to spend time with my students. I am also thankful for your kindness. It has been so good to spend time with many of you. I love how you care so much about your children's academics and souls. With the high expectation of Arete, that places a heavy burden on you as the parents. Only those who love their children greatly would endure the rigor we place on them and you. So, thank you for your great efforts and kindness towards me.
Here are the lessons for next week.
--------------------------------------------------
Language Arts
Idiom: "Keep your fingers crossed"
Poem: "Stopping by Woods on a Showy Evening"
Spalding: We will be learning some rules for the English language next week. We will be looking at when to use ie or ei. We will also learn a twenty more words.
Literature: We will be reading chapters 32-35 of Pinocchio. There will be no reading groups on Monday, December 1, but there will be an opportunity on December 4 from 10:40-11:30 if you are finger printed and able. If you would like to come on this day, please email me.
Writing and Grammar: The students will review the use of simicolons, direct objects, and prepositions. They will also continue to refine the skill of summarizing.
Math
Next week we are finishing up our study of multiplication and division with a focus on the number eight and moving on to the number nine. There will be a quiz on Wednesday.
History
The class has discussed Julius Caesar's rise to power. Next week, we will discuss his death another important Roman figure, Augustus Caesar. We will also begin looking at the language of Rome, Latin and important names. There will be quiz on Thursday.
Science
We have finished our in depth study of the human skeletal system and now move towards the muscular system. Students will be learning about the different types of muscles and how they function. They will also be learning about some of the major skeletal muscles and their locations.
--------------------------------------------------
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren