Greetings parents,
I wanted to remind you that there will be a math test on Monday. The students have learned and are working towards masterings multiplication of four digit numbers by one digit numbers. Many students are still having challenges with their multiplication facts. We addressed these in the classroom, explained why multiplication works, and spent some time reviewing them. However, class time does not permit their memorization in the classroom. Therefore, it is very important that they are studying and memorizing these at home until they are mastered.
The test on Monday will cover these concepts, with some expectation of being able to apply previously learned content like estimation/rounding. The assignments given tonight and over the weekend should prepare your child for the test, but if you would like for them to do some extra work to ensure they are proficient I have provided some links for material that will help:
http://www.math-aids.com/cgi/pdf_viewer_6.cgi?script_name=multi_multi_digit.pl&digit=4&secdigit=4&probs=20&language=0&memo=Mr.+Naaktgeboren&answer=1&x=70&y=21
http://www.math-aids.com/cgi/pdf_viewer_10.cgi?script_name=word_multi_1digit.pl&fnums=0&xinfo=2&language=0&memo=Mr.+Naaktgeboren&answer=1&x=133&y=19
I hope this is helpful.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren
I wanted to remind you that there will be a math test on Monday. The students have learned and are working towards masterings multiplication of four digit numbers by one digit numbers. Many students are still having challenges with their multiplication facts. We addressed these in the classroom, explained why multiplication works, and spent some time reviewing them. However, class time does not permit their memorization in the classroom. Therefore, it is very important that they are studying and memorizing these at home until they are mastered.
The test on Monday will cover these concepts, with some expectation of being able to apply previously learned content like estimation/rounding. The assignments given tonight and over the weekend should prepare your child for the test, but if you would like for them to do some extra work to ensure they are proficient I have provided some links for material that will help:
http://www.math-aids.com/cgi/pdf_viewer_6.cgi?script_name=multi_multi_digit.pl&digit=4&secdigit=4&probs=20&language=0&memo=Mr.+Naaktgeboren&answer=1&x=70&y=21
http://www.math-aids.com/cgi/pdf_viewer_10.cgi?script_name=word_multi_1digit.pl&fnums=0&xinfo=2&language=0&memo=Mr.+Naaktgeboren&answer=1&x=133&y=19
I hope this is helpful.
Best,
Michael Naaktgeboren